SOE - School of Evangelism
MSOE - Mobile School of Evangelism
PBS - Portable Bible School
GC3 - Great Commission Challenge Camp
WIN - Women's Impact Network
Mawo and Janet Abaya report continued violence in Jos: churches stormed by militants, people killed and injured, curfews imposed, all with negligible government response. Praise the Lord that the campus is calm and the students are learning. Please pray:
1. that the Lord will intervene, and peace be restored to the city,
2. that those affected by this trauma will look to the Lord for healing and comfort,
3. that God will be merciful and bring justice to the perpetrators of this evil, and
4. that our staff and students will enjoy God’s protection on our campus.
“Worship Dhanbad” will bring together believers from all the local churches on October 7th to pray for the city. Pray for the teams to hear God’s ideas about who, where and how to reach many more with the gospel. Pray also for “good soil” in the hearts of the hearers that they will be saved!
Persecution in CH!N@ Pray for a precious friend and “difference maker” currently on the mainland; pray for eternal influence for him while there and for safe travel as he returns in a few days.
Pray for healing and health for several of our overseas ministry partners who are ill.
Steve is reporting smooth travels so far and very encouraging ministry! Keep praying! Tomorrow they go to Mumbai then to the interior to attend the Katkari MSOE (Mobile School of Evangelism) graduation. May God use the event to inspire those graduates!
Pray for ER’s friends:
1. for David Eisemann, the son of Wes and June, who will have surgery next Tuesday, October 9, to have bones fused in his ankle.
2. for those fighting serious illnesses or injuries: Janet Bunge, Rick Burns, Lois Charls, Linda DuPree, Jeanette LaMothe, Dick Reznik, Robyn Schwartz, Bernice Spann, Owen Wetzel.
3. for a dear friend’s son-in-law who needs God’s intervention regarding his drug addiction.
Thank you for fasting with us as we pray this Friday!
Note: Some information has been redacted to protect privacy. See note below for a guide to acronyms.
Join us at noon this Friday, October 5, to fast and pray for the ministries of ER.
“You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” Ephesians 4:22-24
Unreached People Groups:
The Turi, also known as “Husil” (meaning bamboo worker), are an “untouchable” caste and must live outside the village. They may not even draw water from the common well. The social and economic status of the Turi makes their existence very fragile. Of the 380,000 in India, 0% are Christian. Our partners in Dhanbad, Jharkhand are surveying Turi villages to map a witness strategy. Villagers are open to the team helping teach poor and vulnerable children who often do not receive proper schooling. There are just a few believers and no church yet.